On the eighth day of planning, my planners found for me…
It’s day eight of our “12 Days of Planning, and it’s time we talk about florists! Florists are exceptionally great at what they do, spending tedious amounts of hours, days, even months to finally bring your vision to life on the day of your event. While this one reason alone should be a tell-tale sign to hire a florist for your special occasion, lets discuss the other rationale, as to why you might choose to work with these flower experts.
- Commitment: When working with any quality floral designer, you can pretty much expect to get what you paid for, or more! Not only does your florist spend countless hours designing and constructing that vision you hold in your mind, they are also there for you every step of the way, making sure your unique design comes out perfect! And, it’s your choice to be as hands-on as you’d like throughout the entire process. So, let your creativity flow and their expertise run its course.
- Expertise: While designing your own floral arrangements can feel very gratifying and meaningful, in a way, it’s okay to hand these projects over to the experts! Your floral designer is here to bring your vision to life, but he or she also possesses an abundance of knowledge that will help guide you in the decision-making process. Keeping your color palette in mind, florists are masters at determining the types of flowers and greenery that will complement each other, nicely. Not only that, but they select their florals based on what is in season. With all elements of your event considered, you are pretty much guaranteed an authentic design, unique to you!
- Natural Beauty: Why not invest in florals just for their natural beauty, alone? Not only do they smell delightful, but they can add a sense of radiance and luxury into ANY event. No matter how big or small you choose to go with the florals, your florist is bound to make it look magnificent. And, what a sight it will be!
Now that we have discussed some of the reasons as to why you might hire a florist for your event, let’s examine some of the factors to consider when envisioning your unique floral design:
- Budget: When it comes to choosing the florist, as well as floral décor for your unique event, we encourage you to set a limit on how much you would like to spend on the overall product. As planners, we are here to assist in helping manage your budget, as well as prioritizing the most important elements of your event. So, depending on your budget, we can aid in finding those vendors within your price range.
- Style of Event: When discussing your visions and inspirations with the florist, it can be important to talk through the style of your event. Say, you are going for more of a rustic feel with a lot of wood and greenery. This can let your designer know what florals will then complement that style.
- Color Palette: Depending on the type of event you are hosting, you may have a color palette in mind. Your color palette can help in vast amounts of ways with your decision making, as it can provide guidance on a multitude of décor and floral options. We encourage you to speak with your florist about the colors you have in mind for your event. This will allow the designer to find a variety of florals within your color palette, giving you some control of picking the flowers you prefer.
- Flower Preference: Some of you may already have an idea of the specific flowers you want in your floral arrangements, and that’s completely fine! Looking to include white roses to honor a loved one who passed? As different flowers sometimes display different meanings, it can be important to discuss your vision and needs with your floral designer so that in the end, they can present you with a product that you can be proud of.
With all things considered, let your creativity run wild! Because, whatever you decide on, you can bet your bottoms the end product will be out of this world.
To celebrate our eighth day of planning, as well as the New Year, we at Queen City Planners didn’t want to just end things here. Instead, we created a list of five unique ways to dress up any occasion with florals. While given the option to set-up on your own-with family and friends involved in this meaningful moment- or hire a florist to take over, we encourage you to choose what’s best for you and speak to your floral designer prior to the event, as set-up might be added into the overall cost.
Now for the fun part. We present you with our list of five ways to dress up any event with florals:
- Tables: Looking for a way to dress up some tables for your event? You might choose to go simple, but graceful with some sumptuous greenery. But, pop in some candles-and a flower or two-and you’ve created an elegant work of art. Either way, you can’t go wrong with dousing your tables in florals.
- Desserts: Of course, a cake is pretty on its own. But, add in some gorgeous flowers, and it’s PICTURESQUE! Dressing up your dessert display is a simple way to draw guests’ attention to its beauty, as well as encourage them to eat up.
- Wear It: Looking for a crown for your flower girl? How about a sash belt for the mommy-to-be? Whatever you’re going for, why not dress it up in florals? You’re bound to steal the spotlight, either way!
- Backdrop: Searching for a photo booth idea for your next event? Here’s an option! Why not design a floral backdrop for guests to snap photos in front of? While it’s bound to add beauty to your event, guests will be lining up to pose in front of its lavish petals.
- Hanging Décor: Looking for the ultimate way to dress up your event with florals? Look no further! If you are lucky enough to rent a venue that allows for hanging décor and florals, we say go for it! While it can definitely add a more luxurious look to your event, we can’t help but imagine we are wandering through some enchanted forest.
While your event is guaranteed to be stunning with whatever floral options you choose, you might be asking, “what do I do with them now that the event is over?” No worries! Fortunately, there are different options for preserving your florals. Whether you press them, air dry them, or preserve them in resin, there are plenty of options that allow you to savor them forever!