On the twelfth day of planning, my planners found for me…
Well, it’s the last day of our “12 Days of Planning,” and while bittersweet, we are ending it on a high note. Today, we are addressing all of your photography needs, in order to make your event one that no one will EVER forget! No matter the occasion, you can rest assured that your photographer will capture the most important moments of your event-ones that you and your family can savor forever. With that being said, let’s discuss some of the reasons to hire a photographer for your unique affair.
- You Get What You Pay For: When hiring any quality photographer, you can pretty much expect to get what you paid for, or more. While your photographer’s main goal is to capture your vision and make you happy, they are also experts at what they do and know how to generate the most breath taking and authentic images for you. With that in mind, you should expect to put a little extra research and money into the one tangible service meant to last a lifetime!
- Photography Timeline: When hiring any photographer, it can be important to look into the services that they provide. Something we recommend asking about? A photography timeline. This can be SUPER beneficial to you and all other necessary parties as it discusses what photos will be taken and at what times. Nevertheless, it’s such a quick and simple conversation that your photographer will appreciate, and your planners will take full advantage of in order to help build your official event timeline.
- Life-Long Memories: While you and your guests are bound to have a great time at your event, why not capture those completely candid moments that you will end up treasuring for years to come? The goal of your photographer should be to capture all of those precious moments. So, remember when picking a photographer that you’re also picking the only lasting images of your event.
As you can see, there are many remarkable reasons as to why you may choose to work with a photographer for your unique event. With that in mind, let’s discuss some of the factors to consider when hiring a photographer(s) for your occasion.
- Budget: When it comes to hiring professional photography for your unique affair, we encourage you to set a limit on how much you would like to spend on the overall product. As planners, we are here to assist in helping manage your budget, as well as prioritizing the most essential elements of your occasion. Whether you’re having one, two, or more photographers throughout your event, it’s important to consider that price really depends on quality, experience, lighting, style, and the number of hours that their services are needed.
- Photography Style: Looking for a photographer who specializes in “light and airy” photos? How about someone who can capture the raw emotion of the day? This is exactly what we mean by “photography style!” Photographers have their own unique names for their work, but we planners just suggest our clients carefully review their portfolios. Forget the lingo! How do you want your day to be captured forever?
- Number of Photographers: Depending on the type of your event, as well as head count, you may require a certain number of photographers to capture all parts and angles of your occasion. While a wedding may only require between 1 and 3 photographers, a fundraiser may call for several. Whatever the situation, it really depends on your final vision. Our thoughts on this? Well, you can never have too many amazing photographs of your event!
- What’s Included?: When hiring the right photographer for you, we encourage you to look into all included services. While meeting with those potential vendors, be sure to ask questions such as: What all do your packages include? Can I customize a package? Are your packages based on hours? Do you include editing? How many years of experience do you have with my particular event? With those questions in mind, you’re likely to find the perfect photographer(s) for you!
We hope our “12 Days of Planning” have been beneficial to those of you looking to plan your own event. Just know, you are not alone, and that your friends at Queen City Planners can help you plan an occasion that is promised to leave everlasting memories! With that being said, we wanted to end this blog by including a list of “Do’s” and “Don’ts” when perusing professional photography options.
DO discuss the kind of photography that you’re looking forward to seeing, following your event.
DON’T be afraid to ask sincere questions about the experience and quality of their work.
DO tell your photographer your preferences and expectations.
DON’T hire a photographer based solely on price.
DO incorporate different styles of photographs into your vision.
DON’T hinder you photographers’ creativity; some of the best and most favorable photographs will likely come from your photographers’ spur of the moment ideas!
From all of us at Queen City Planners, hears to the best year ever and more events to come!