On the ninth day of planning, my planners found for me…
Today is day nine of our “12 Days of Planning,” and we’re here to talk to you about catering! Someone wise once said,“Everybody’s gotta eat!” And we couldn’t agree more! While catering is a great option to offer at any event, we feel that it also promotes fellowship, bringing individuals closer together. No matter who you hire for your unique event, one thing is for sure. You’re about to create some life-long memories and new friendships.
With that being said, let’s discuss some of the reasons as to why you might hire a caterer for your next event.
- Time Saver: Depending on your type of event and head count, you may require large quantities of food to feed your hungry guests. While preparing it all yourself is a fine option, handing this task over to your caterers can help relieve stress and free up some of your schedule.
- Make & Serve: One of the best things about hiring a catering service for your occasion is that they not only prepare the food, but they can also serve on the day of your event, whether it’s a buffet-style or plated serving option that you are going for. With that being said, we suggest speaking to your caterer to see if this is service they can provide.
- Delicious Food: Fact: When hiring a quality catering company for your event, the food is destined to be flavorful. Whether you’re looking at offering a Mexican-style cuisine or leaning towards more soul foods, the catering staff know what they are doing and will create something that will have your guests’ mouths watering.
Now that we have discussed some of the reasons as to why you might hire a catering service for your event, let’s examine some of the factors to consider when finding the right one for you.
- Venue Limitations: Depending on your venue, they may have set restrictions on vendors you can work with. Knowing those vendors that you can and cannot use on property may help with finding the right caterer for you.
- Guest Count: Finding a caterer can also depend on the number of guests attending your event. Based on head count, you will have a better idea of how much food your will need for the event, as well as the vendors who can accommodate that number.
- Budget: When it comes to choosing a caterer for your unique event, we encourage you to set a limit on how much you would like to spend on the overall product. As planners, we are here to assist in helping manage your budget, as well as prioritizing the most important elements of your event. So, depending on your budget, we can aid in finding those vendors within your price range.
- Food Preference: Having an idea of the food or cuisine you would like served at your event can help in finding the caterers who can accommodate those preferences. Whether it’s BBQ, burgers, or breakfast-style, whatever you choose to offer is bound to be delicious!
- Food Sensitivity/Dietary Restrictions: Depending on your guest count, there may be some guests with food allergies or dietary restrictions. Determining this prior to picking your food and catering option can vastly influence your decision of what you choose to serve at your event.
- Tastings: Lastly, after considering all of the above factors, it can be important to find vendors who offer tastings. Attending these different tastings and determining what you do and don’t like can be a huge benefactor in which caterer you choose to work with at your event.
We hope this information will help guide you on your journey to finding the perfect catering service for you. But, of course, we can’t just stop here! For our ninth day of planning, we have prepared a list of five unique catering options that you might consider for your next event.
- Pizza Bar: While there seems to be an endless amount of pizza options out there, why not showcase them all at your event? From savory slices to sweet pies, guests are destined to find something they love!
- Taco Bar: Who doesn’t love tacos? Taco bars are great, as they allow access for guests to customize their toppings however they please. Soft or Crunchy? You get to choose! Nevertheless, guests will be raving over your food selections!
- Backyard BBQ: While BBQ can sometimes be a less expensive catering option for events, it’s also a comfort food. Guests will enjoy munching on the foods they were brought up eating. With this option in mind, you’ll be the talk of the town!
- Pot Luck: Here’s an option that allows guests to showcase their skills in the kitchen. Potlucks are wonderful, as they add variety and promote a sense of community. From potato salad, to chicken stew, you’ll be serving up some homemade goodness at your event.
- Food Trucks: While one caterer is really all you need for an event, you could consider hiring a variety. Food trucks are great, as they offer an abundance of food and drink choices for guests. No matter your preferences, there’s likely to be something for everyone!